Saint George ofMetalliko is an earlier church thanSt. George in Kilkis, dating back to 1821. Its pictorial decoration is attributed to the family of the painter Zosimafrom Kolakia (todayHalastra). A little further,in Chorygi, there is a post-Byzantine church of Saint George, which dates back to 1805.
One more historic church of St. George, which dates back to 1800, is located in the village of AgiaParaskeui at the foot of Mount Belles. Characterized by the rich interior decoration, in which the traditional iconography of the early 19thcentury dominates.